The Metal Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got a suggestion for the playlist? Add it to the thread in the Music section of the forums.

Wes Craven Vs Rob Zombie

3 posters

Go down

Wes Craven Vs Rob Zombie Empty Wes Craven Vs Rob Zombie

Post  Blast-O-Rama 6/13/2009, 05:24

This is no fist fight, this is a gore fest, Two Kings of Horror who is the best??

Wes Craven
Some of the best Horror movies I have ever seen for examples long before A Nightmare On Elm Street he put out some disturbing movies such as The Hills Have Eyes & Last House On The Left witch terrified me as a kid. Then comes movies like A Nightmare On Elm Street, The People Under The Stairs and Scream, Wes is one of the most terrifying men of the Horror industry

Rob Zombie
If your a Metalhead of any kind than you know Rob Zombie's Music the former frontman for one of my favorite bands White Zombie with their techno SciFi Psychedelic metal. Rob Zombie is again like Wes is a Horror King along side John Carpenter and Stephen King & Edgar Allen Poe. Zombie's movies The House Of 1000 Corpses, His Master piece The Devil's Rejects, Halloween and coming soon H2 (Halloween II) out August 28th 2009 & Tyrannosaurus Rex out 2011 (so Wiki says)

So I ask the Metalworld who is the King of Modern Horror??
Blast-O-Rama
Blast-O-Rama
Master Sergeant

http://Myspace.com/the_Booman

Back to top Go down

Wes Craven Vs Rob Zombie Empty Re: Wes Craven Vs Rob Zombie

Post  Admin 6/13/2009, 06:12

Wes Craven is a classic horror filmmaker. I think Rob Zombie is influenced by Cravens work. Zombies films have a more modern spin on them. Cravens built a solid foundation for others to build on. This is like putting Metallica against Black Sabbath. Gods in their respective times.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://themetalmilitia.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/13/2009, 06:23

Wow. This is a tough question. I absolutely love both of these filmmakers. If we are solely going off of one's body of work, hands down Wes Craven. However, if we are looking at individual movies its a different story. Zombie acknowledges Craven as being one of his inspirations for his movies...

House of 1,000 Corpses & The Devil's Rejects are both terrifying masterpieces. I would say that Zombie has more modern appeal because his movies are taken to a level that would just not be acceptable in Craven's time. Still, Craven was a revolutionary in his own right... single-handedly shaping the modern horror genre. Being said, I have to agree with the statement that they "are both gods in their own time." Still, until I see some more of Zombie's films (which all have been excellent so far), I'm going to have to go with Craven solely based on his extensive body of work. That could definately change in the future though, as Zombie is making a name for himself big-time in the horror industry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/13/2009, 07:25

What a question, I don't think I'm actually gonna be able to answer it with a simple 'craven or 'zombie'

as has already been said, Wes Craven set the standard, made the foundations on which the majority of todays horror films are built.

Rob Zombie will no doubt take a few leaves out of Craven's book when making his films, as should everybody, as he's basically the master of horror, but I'd say from watching Halloween numerous times, along with The House of 1000 Corpses, and The Devils Rejects;

If it's a Classic style Horror film and not more of a Violence/Blood/Gore centred horror film, then I'd say Craven down to his experience in the industry

But being a lover of all things gore filled, nothing really competes with cutting a mans face off, and using it as a mask. For gore based films, I'd go with Rob Zombie, H2 looks to be much more violent than H1 by the trailer, and if thats anything to go by, the full film should be immense.
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

http://www.myspace.com/nick_172

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down