The Metal Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got a suggestion for the playlist? Add it to the thread in the Music section of the forums.

Best Bars/Pubs in Your Area

2 posters

Go down

Best Bars/Pubs in Your Area Empty Best Bars/Pubs in Your Area

Post  Guest 6/13/2009, 06:49

I'm sure we have some travellers here in The Metal Militia. As a heads-up, what are the best places to get a drink in your area?

I'm from a college town in Oklahoma, Norman. We have a ton of great places to grab a few! My favorite is O'Connell's Irish Pub & Grill. (http://www.oconnellsnorman.com/) Nothing beats Saturday afternoons on gameday here in Norman. My friends and I typically head there around 11am (unless it is a morning game) to grab some lunch and a few drinks before the game. You can always count on a great crowd, reasonable prices and a fun atmosphere at O'Connell's. Also, being an Irishman, I love their St. Patrick's Day Festival! Even though I'm not much of a beer drinker (I prefer liquor), I will throw down a few pitchers of green beer on St. Patty's.

Another great spot is known as 'The Mont,' (http://www.themont.com/) and is another local favorite. They have a great menu and all shots are $3 all-day, everyday! If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods and find yourself at The Mont for lunch, I recommend a Miguel's Club Sandwich with a few of the house special drinks called 'Sooner Swirls.' They are a frozen blend of vodka, tequila, rum, and Sangria. Perfect for hot Oklahoma summers or for kicking back on the patio!

Back to top Go down

Best Bars/Pubs in Your Area Empty Re: Best Bars/Pubs in Your Area

Post  Nick_172 6/13/2009, 07:54

Being honest, I'll drink anywhere that has Jagermeister behind the bar

But round here, theres only generally one bar metalheads go to, called The Swan.
Its located in the city centre, so whenever I'm in town with my mates that'll actually get served, I'll drop in for a quick pint & a Jager chaser haha
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

http://www.myspace.com/nick_172

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/14/2009, 00:17

I don't know why, but I've never been into jager that much. I think it is a great addition to shots (one of my favs is called 'stary night'... jager and goldschlager), but it is a little thick to drink by itself, imo. If I'm shooting anything straight, which I often do, typically it is whisky or tequila.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/14/2009, 00:30

When im on straight shots, its either Jager, or its a mix of Sambuca & Vodka lined up alternating between the two

Otherwise, its usually Lager/Cider and nothing else haha
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

http://www.myspace.com/nick_172

Back to top Go down

Post  Fobeus 6/14/2009, 02:08

I'll list what I drink 'cause I don't have any regular pubs or clubs I go to.

It's usually whisky (Jack Daniels, J & B). I also drink beer, usually (Castle Lager, Heineken, Amstel). Also lately I've been drinking Peroni & Stella, I like all beer Laughing. The only shots I drink are Jäger & Cuervo Gold. And I smoke Marlboro's. tongue
Fobeus
Fobeus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/15/2009, 02:43

Fobeus wrote:I'll list what I drink 'cause I don't have any regular pubs or clubs I go to.

It's usually whisky (Jack Daniels, J & B). I also drink beer, usually (Castle Lager, Heineken, Amstel). Also lately I've been drinking Peroni & Stella, I like all beer Laughing. The only shots I drink are Jäger & Cuervo Gold. And I smoke Marlboro's. tongue

After my own heart! I love JD and Cuervo Gold and also smoke Marlboro's. Something about those 'Cowboy Killers' that I really love! lol. \m/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum