The Metal Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got a suggestion for the playlist? Add it to the thread in the Music section of the forums.

Brock Lesnar vs. Bruce Lee

2 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar vs. Bruce Lee Empty Brock Lesnar vs. Bruce Lee

Post  Guest 6/8/2009, 13:12

Here is a matchup that I thought up while watching 'The Deadliest Warriot' (for some reason confused ), Brock Lesnar vs. Bruce Lee.

Brock Lesnar, former amateur wrestler and WWE superstar, recently made an impact in the UFC by defeating current Champion, Randy Couture. He is truly a physical specimen standing at 6'2" and weighing in around around 265lbs (he is actually much bigger than that... around 285-290 lbs... but he cuts weight for weigh-ins). He is a great wrestler and has very heavy hands. Typically, guys of Lesnar's build are thought to be slow, but this is far from the truth with Lesnar. He is quick, agile, and an overall fantastic athlete. Honestly, I see him holding his belt for a long time to come if he can stay active and mentally focused (let's see how he does in his rematch with Frank Mihr).

His opponent, Bruce Lee, is a legend in the Martial Arts world, the Film Industry, and American culture. He identifies with the Dragon, as he was born in the Year of the Dragon according to the Chinese Zodiac. He was a master martial artist, proficient in several existing forms and the creator of a new one, not to mention...lightning fast. Also, Bruce Lee was deadly with a wide variety of weapons, iconically.. the nunchaku.

So, who would win if these guys were pitted to the death? For me, it all comes down to a battle of size, power, and brute force vs. speed, precision, and skill. But, given the vast disadvantages for Bruce in several of these areas, I have to give the edge to Lesnar in a knock-down, drag-out streetfight. I bet Lesnar would miss 90% of his strikes due to the speed of Lee, but would eventually get ahold of him and crush him out. People may argue that his speed would keep Lesnar from ever catching him; however, as mentioned Lesnar is a phenomenal wrestler and has deceptive speed. Though he would not have the speed with the hands, I believe his dominant size and power would overcome Lee when it went to the ground.

There is no doubt that Lee would severely injure Lesnar; in fact, Lesnar would most likely die from injuries following the fight if not treated in an emergency room. Still, I just don't think that Lee could knock him out with the death-blow the same way that Lesnar could finish Lee. With almost a 150 lb. weight advantage and comparable speed (in certain aspects), I think Lesnar has the edge considering that he has proven how badly he can beat professional fighters with his short, though impressive, career in the UFC thus far.

Now, if each combatant were armed with a weapon... I believe that Lee would finish him. Given that Lesnar has no experience with weaponry (to my knowledge) and Bruce Lee's deadly accuracy with a multitude of weapons, there is really no contest. Give Lee a pair of Nunchaku and Lesnar's head would be smashed like a cantelope.

Overall, I would say that Lesnar would win the hand-to-hand street fight 7 out of 10 times and Lee would win a weapons battle 9 out of 10 times. So, imo it all depends on how the fight is staged. So, what do you guys think? I'm sure someone out there disagrees with the world's greatest martial artist being defeated by a former WWE Wrestler. Let's hear it...

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar vs. Bruce Lee Empty Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Bruce Lee

Post  Nick_172 6/9/2009, 04:11

I actually read the topic title and thought what the fuck at first haha xD

Thinking about it though, Ive been watching UFC and Martial Arts films for as long as I can remember haha, specifically the Bruce Lee and Jet Li films

I think if Brock could physically get a hold of Bruce, then with the sheer power within him, and the past domination of Randy Couture, then he could do some serious damage, although I do think he'd have quite a job getting a good hold of him, he may be fast and agile, but Bruce Lee, I'd imagine, is more agile, therefore giving him an advantage

For me it'd all come down to Brock actually getting hold of Bruce, if he could, I'm sure he'd have a much better chance of beating Bruce to a pulp, with the difference in muscle mass too, it probably wouldnt be hard for brock to break various bones of Bruces
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

http://www.myspace.com/nick_172

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/9/2009, 11:34

You make some good points, Nick. I definately think you are correct in saying that Lesnar would have trouble getting ahold of Lee and also in the overwhelming size and strength advantage of Lesnar. I really do think it would all come down to how the fight was set-up. Still, Lesnar is just too much of a beast I'm afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dethsas 9/2/2010, 13:05

Bruce Lee

Dethsas
Ranking Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: