The Metal Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got a suggestion for the playlist? Add it to the thread in the Music section of the forums.

New Games!!!! What are you excited for???

+4
Nick_172
Fobeus
TheArtofBalance
Blast-O-Rama
8 posters

Go down

New Games!!!! What are you excited for??? Empty New Games!!!! What are you excited for???

Post  Blast-O-Rama 6/10/2009, 22:05

What are the new games comming out that your dying to play???? To me it the year of Sequels heres some
Left 4 Dead 2
Dead Rising 2
Halo 3 :ODST
BioShock 2
Modern Warfare 2

To me that a great start.
Blast-O-Rama
Blast-O-Rama
Master Sergeant

http://Myspace.com/the_Booman

Back to top Go down

New Games!!!! What are you excited for??? Empty Re: New Games!!!! What are you excited for???

Post  TheArtofBalance 6/11/2009, 00:51

E3 just ended last week so I've got an ass load of new games Im excited about
1. Uncharted Drakes Fortune 2
2. Heavy Rain
3. The Last Guardian *( My pick as best game of the show, SO epic)
4. Gow3
5. Assassin's Creed 2
6. Bioshock 2
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2

I'm sure I'll think of more later. E3 was so badass this year!

Heres the trailer for The Last guardian...
TheArtofBalance
TheArtofBalance
Soldier

http://www.themetalmilitia.com www.humanweeds.com

Back to top Go down

New Games!!!! What are you excited for??? Empty Re: New Games!!!! What are you excited for???

Post  Fobeus 6/11/2009, 01:21

TheArtofBalance wrote:
Last Guardian *( My pick as best game of the show, SO epic)

I agree, it's the same guys who did Shadow of the Colossus so it will be epic.

Here's my top 10 wishlist, some this year some early next year.

1. Heavy Rain (They made my favorite game of all time Indigo Prohecy, this one won't dissapoint)
2. Mass Effect 2 (The sequel to my second favorite game)
3. The Last Guardian (Like TAoB said, EPIC!)
4. Left4Dead 2 (Love me some zombies)
5. Dead Rising 2 (again, love me some zombies)
6. Alan Wake (Guys behind Max Payne, looks really good)
7. Dark Void (As much I love Horror I love Sci-fi)
8. God of War 3 (Kratos returns)
9. Uncharted 2 (More Drake=Awesomeness)
10. Assassin's Creed 2 (I wanna fly Da Vinci's "Flying Machine").
Fobeus
Fobeus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/11/2009, 02:49

Fobeus,

Thats bad-ass that your favorite game is 'Indigo Prophecy,' that was one of my all-time favorites as well. I guess you would consider it a RPG, though without the silly japanimation style characters and plotlines that I'm not too fond of. Heavy Rain looks absolutely sick and is my most anticipated release this year. In fact, I am probably going to wait to purchase any other games until this one comes out. Not only are the graphics and lighting stellar, but I heard the voice acting is off-the-charts. This game was created like a movie and I heard that the producers sent the script (which was about 6 times the length of an average Hollywood movie) to a so-called 'script doctor' to make sure that it was of the highest quality.

About a week ago my friend told me that "production was being halted due to a lack of funding for the game." Obviously he was just joking around, but I took it very seriously! Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, here is a little clip from the game at E3. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/11/2009, 03:15

Hmmm, Games I'm looking forward to eh? theres a list thats probably as long as my arm, not all are coming out this year though, I'll just chuck a few out off the top of my head;

Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune 2
God of War 3
Assassins Creed 2
The Last Guardian
Dead Rising 2

Although I LOVE virtually anything Zombie related, I never got into Left 4 Dead to be honest, just seemed like, grab a combat shotgun and youre sorted, Bang Bang Bang, Run, Bang Bang Bang, Run, etc etc lol

I had a great Idea for a Zombie style game a few months back that I haven't really thought much about lately, gonna have to start thinking about it again, creating possible storylines & such
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

http://www.myspace.com/nick_172

Back to top Go down

Post  Fobeus 6/11/2009, 04:18

The Dualist wrote:Fobeus,

Thats bad-ass that your favorite game is 'Indigo Prophecy,' that was one of my all-time favorites as well. I guess you would consider it a RPG, though without the silly japanimation style characters and plotlines that I'm not too fond of. Heavy Rain looks absolutely sick and is my most anticipated release this year. In fact, I am probably going to wait to purchase any other games until this one comes out.

Cool man! Yeah I love that game! Awesome that you like it too. I struggle to find folks who even played it, let alone liked it. Very Happy

From what I saw with Heavy Rain I think it might be better than Indigo Prohecy (known in the rest of the world as Fahrenheit).

I just hope we're not getting our hopes to high. But I doubt it.Wink
Fobeus
Fobeus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/11/2009, 04:27

Yeah man, I really dug that game. However, I thought the storyline took a few ridiculous turns towards the end... actually, the entire plot could have been improved. My favorite part of the game was the very first in the Diner. I remember after the action sequence, that split-screen view of the cops had me thinking wtf am I going to do now?! lol

From what I've seen, this game looks phenomenal and just talking about it makes me as giddie. haha. The character animations are sooo sick and the game cultivates an ultra-realistic storyline and environment. Also, the ability to play with multiple characters (that influence the story as you play and can even die) is a great addition. It leaves open the possibility for a lot of twists and turns for the story.

I just wish there was some kind of multiplayer online for this though... However, I've been looking for a deep single player game to sink my teeth into. Hope this is the one. \m/

-The Dualist

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse 6/12/2009, 04:05

Here's my top 5

1.Final Fantasy XIII
2.Alan Wake
3.Assassin's Creed 2
4.Bioshock 2
5.Left 4 Dead 2
Eclipse
Eclipse
Soldier First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 6/12/2009, 04:08

[quote="Eclipse"]Here's my top 5

3.Assassin's Creed 2

me too man. did you see the live demo at E3? SIIIIIICK!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://themetalmilitia.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Blast-O-Rama 6/12/2009, 04:47

Man a Lot of new games comming out this is going to be the year for games
Blast-O-Rama
Blast-O-Rama
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Fobeus 6/12/2009, 05:49

Blast-O-Rama wrote:Man a Lot of new games comming out this is going to be the year for games

Sure is, next year too. The future of gaming looks very positive.
Fobeus
Fobeus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfe9165 6/14/2009, 02:00

Defiantly ODST and then Halo: Reach... Though I have to put Reach before Halo ODST only because ODST is its own story line, sure new weapons and stuff, but Reach is actually following the days of the book. If reach was attacked, that'd put Master Chief fresh from his training. In other words, there are more Spartans, and crazier baddies.
Wolfe9165
Wolfe9165
Soldier

http://yourchaos.ning.com/profile/WertYert

Back to top Go down

Post  solo013 6/16/2009, 17:21

I'm picking up Prototype soon so that's the one I'm most excited about now, but I can't wait for Ghostbusters, FF XIII, White Knight Chronicles, and I'm really looking forward to the new Zelda for wii they are talking about.

Last edited by solo013 on 7/7/2009, 11:25; edited 1 time in total
solo013
solo013
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/16/2009, 19:41

I'm hoping to pick up UFC Undisputed 2009 over the next month or so now that I'm getting a PS3 again, I started a career on my mates PS3, was dealing out some deadly punishment haha, If the save games arent copy protected, then I'll get my save off his PS3 and carry on with it Cool

So yeah, I'm pretty much looking forward to that
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Blast-O-Rama 6/17/2009, 02:55

Nick_172 wrote:I'm hoping to pick up UFC Undisputed 2009 over the next month or so now that I'm getting a PS3 again, I started a career on my mates PS3, was dealing out some deadly punishment haha, If the save games arent copy protected, then I'll get my save off his PS3 and carry on with it Cool

So yeah, I'm pretty much looking forward to that

Dude I played the Demo And the Graphics are amazing it deff on my list to get not to mention the game play is awesome!
Blast-O-Rama
Blast-O-Rama
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Fobeus 6/17/2009, 03:28

UFC Undisputed 2009 is alot of fun, online is a bit laggy for my liking but still do-able. If you get it let me know & we'll go online & fight! Twisted Evil
Fobeus
Fobeus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/17/2009, 04:21

My boy has UFC 2009. I like the game for the most part, but the 'flash knockouts' are cheap at times. Also, I struggle with applying submissions... my gripe is that it feels like sometimes it is nothing more than luck and button-mashing as to whether a submission is actually successfully applied. However, this may be because I have only played it a few times and am not that great yet. The striking, on the other hand, is very cool. I've been laying people out with Forrest... the 'toughest' guy in the UFC, imo. Also, I agree that the character animations are very good! \m/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/17/2009, 22:48

I play UFC every saturay currently at my friends house, the graphics are AMAZING on created fighters, best theyve been in a long time on any game by THQ, I started a career, my guy does look pretty decent, I just wish yo could give them long hair haha, not viable in the UFC though, unless you're an octagon girl Laughing

I love the gameplay, and IMO, the flash knockouts are funny, my mate ran straight at me from the off, and I simply threw a sraight right, and knocked him out in 4 seconds Laughing

OH, and, I'm no longer getting the Tomb Raider package

I'm getting an 80gb, Killzone 2, and Fifa 09 all for the same price hahaha
Funny thing is, even though Fifa 09 came out before TR, I'll still get more on trade for Fifa 09 as I already have the game

7 days encounting
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Fobeus 6/17/2009, 23:44

Nick_172 wrote:
I love the gameplay, and IMO, the flash knockouts are funny, my mate ran straight at me from the off, and I simply threw a sraight right, and knocked him out in 4 seconds Laughing

Happened to me too. Was playing Career mode, match started I ran to the opponent (can't remember who) Superman punch & he was out. 3 second match, did'nt even get K.O. of the night. Rolling Eyes

Cool deal you have there, we should play some Killzone 2 together online. I haven't played it in quite some time.
Fobeus
Fobeus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/18/2009, 00:42

Haha, and there i was thinking my 4 second bout would never be beaten Laughing

I think I'll probably be grabbing UFC in about 2 weeks time, that'll give me about a week to run through Tomb Raider and grab the trophies on it, I'll probably spend a LOAD of time on UFC from the moment I get it.

Between that, Killzone 2, and CoD4 when I borrow it off my mate the late nights are probably gonna come back again haha
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Eclipse 6/20/2009, 20:04

Brütal Legend anyone?

Eclipse
Eclipse
Soldier First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Fobeus 6/23/2009, 08:39

Eclipse wrote:Brütal Legend anyone?

Hell yeah! It's gonna be Brütal!
Fobeus
Fobeus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/23/2009, 08:42

It really does look pretty damn slick, I must say, Jack Black too, there isn't really a more worthy choice xD

new PS3 scheduled for 'technically' tomorrow, but might arrive later today if I'm lucky, ohhhh yeahhhhh
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfe9165 6/23/2009, 23:00

Red Faction: Guerrilla. Although I do have to say that it does sound a bit of an on/off. I guess they changed the story line from the original two? Or converted away from it. If anyone's played, could I get confirmation?
Wolfe9165
Wolfe9165
Soldier

http://yourchaos.ning.com/profile/WertYert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum