The Metal Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got a suggestion for the playlist? Add it to the thread in the Music section of the forums.

Buckethead

3 posters

Go down

Buckethead Empty Buckethead

Post  TheArtofBalance 6/15/2009, 04:36

Brian Patrick Carroll, better known as Buckethead, is an American musician and songwriter. He has released 27 solo albums and performed on over 50 more. He has also made guest appearances on more than 50 different albums by various artists. His music spans such diverse areas as progressive metal, thrash metal, funk, electronica, jazz, bluegrass, and avant-garde music.
When performing in his theatrical persona, Buckethead used to wear a KFC bucket (emblazoned with an orange bumper sticker that read "funeral" in black block letters) on his head and a plain white costume mask. More recently, he has switched to a plain white bucket no longer bearing the KFC logo. He also incorporates nunchaku, robot dancing, and toy trading into his stage performances. Buckethead's persona represents a character who was "raised by chickens" and has made it his "mission in life to alert the world to the ongoing chicken holocaust in fast-food joints around the globe."
Although a multi-instrumentalist, Buckethead is best known for his electric guitar playing. He has been voted number 8 on a list in GuitarOne magazine of the "Top 20 Greatest Guitar Shredders of All Time" as well as been included in Guitar World's lists of the "25 all-time weirdest guitarists" as well as the "50 fastest guitarists of all time".
Buckethead performs primarily as a solo artist. He has collaborated extensively with a wide variety of high profile artists such as Bill Laswell, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Iggy Pop, Les Claypool, Serj Tankian, Mike Patton, Viggo Mortensen, and was a member of Guns N' Roses from 2000 to 2004. Buckethead has also written and performed music for major motion pictures, including: Saw II, Ghosts of Mars, Beverly Hills Ninja, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Last Action Hero, and the soundtrack of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.

Buckethead = God.
TheArtofBalance
TheArtofBalance
Soldier

http://www.themetalmilitia.com www.humanweeds.com

Back to top Go down

Buckethead Empty Re: Buckethead

Post  Blast-O-Rama 6/15/2009, 05:19

Buckethead is God
Thanx for the two albums
Blast-O-Rama
Blast-O-Rama
Master Sergeant

http://Myspace.com/the_Booman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/15/2009, 06:00

Man, you have me hooked on Buckethead! I find myself listening to at least 1 or 2 of his tracks on a daily basis. A truly talented musician (something that can't be said that often these days). Great post! \m/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_172 6/15/2009, 07:50

Maaaaan, I've liked Buckethead for a few years now, since Guitar Hero 2 haha

Jordan's a really good song, I'm gonna have to get my hands on some albums again, never got them back after my computer fucked up a while back
Nick_172
Nick_172
Master Sergeant

http://www.myspace.com/nick_172

Back to top Go down

Post  Blast-O-Rama 6/15/2009, 07:54

Nick_172 wrote:Maaaaan, I've liked Buckethead for a few years now, since Guitar Hero 2 haha

Jordan's a really good song, I'm gonna have to get my hands on some albums again, never got them back after my computer fucked up a while back

Ohhhh the many Hours I spent trying to beat Jordan On expert
Blast-O-Rama
Blast-O-Rama
Master Sergeant

http://Myspace.com/the_Booman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum